Wednesday 4 February 2015

Stress busting brownies


So tomorrow is my turn in our class's cake rota, and the way to people's hearts (especially a certain teacher who shall be marking my work) is with brownies, right?!
This has been my favourite recipe since I was little, it is incredibly easy and quick and the results absolutely to die for (I'm not usually a fan of cake mixture - there is a reason it should be baked first! - but the licking the bowl out in this recipe is what makes it!) 

If you feel like a guilty treat or need to whip up some quick cake, you will need:
- 175g of margarine
- 350g of caster sugar 
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence 
- 3 eggs
- 100g of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 75g of cocoa powder 
Pre heat the oven to 180oC, 350oF, Gas mark 4.

Heat the margarine and once melted pour over the sugar and vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl.
Then add the eggs and mix thoroughly .
Finally shift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder into the bowl and stir.
Now pour the mixture into a shallow tin and place in the oven for 40 minutes, depending on how gooey or cakey you like your brownies - I normally keep them in the oven until I can smell them (with is usually around 15-20 minutes) and if the mixture doesn't stick to a knife when I poke the brownies, then I take them out.

Ta da! Now go and enjoy your brownies with a nice scoop of icecream and, if you're feeling particularly lovely, friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read and post a comment! I really appreciate it and try to reply to any questions asked x